Doctoral degree holders, who are not members of the UFSC staff, can apply for a Postdoctoral Position at the Graduate Program in Political Sociology provided that they are able to engage in full-time research activities and that they are accompanied by a supervisor. The University does not undertake, in admitting the applicant, to provide material and financial resources for the research activities described in the applicant’s work plan, simply making available the existing infrastructure. Postdoctoral researchers will be linked to UFSC through the PPGSP and will be entitled to use Library services, facilities and other goods and services necessary for the development of their research. They are not allowed to carry out any administrative activities; to be in charge of any graduate or undergraduate courses; or to supervise dissertations or theses. The activities developed by the postdoctoral researcher will be carried out on a voluntary basis, in accordance with Federal Law 9608, from 18 February 1998, and UFSC will not be entitled, in any case, to employ or remunerate the researcher, nor will it be liable for indemnities claimed as a result of any damages or losses arising from their activities. Grant holders and civil servants formally released from their functions, by means of a leave of absence, do not need to sign the volunteer service agreement.
Resolution no. 36/Cun/31 October 2013
Internal Memorandum no. 37/2013/PROPG
Resolution no. 67/Cun/11 December 2015
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH WITH GRANT FUNDING
PPGSP is currently offering a postdoctoral research grant. The grant is awarded according to the rules of a call for applications.
Applicants must formalize their request in a letter to the Program’s Coordinator, indicating the line of research in which they intend to carry out their activities and submitting the following documents to the Program’s office:
I – Application Form duly completed and printed (available at http://propg.ufsc.br/pos-doutorado-na-ufsc-2/formulario-de-inscricao/ );
II – Letter of acceptance from a supervisor at the PPGSP;
III – Copy of the doctoral diploma, with national validity;
IV – Curriculum vitae updated in the Lattes platform (in the case of foreigners, a printed curriculum);
V – Work Plan, including:
- a) a summary of the research project (max 15 pages), including the planned activity schedule;
- b) teaching activities, if any;
- c) the research period, whose term must be of at least 3 months and at most 12 months, with up to 4 extensions of 12 months each, at the discretion of the Program’s Council and with the detailed opinion of the supervisor.
VI – statement of the institution or company authorizing the researcher’s leave from work for the purpose of carrying out the postdoctoral activities, in the case of applicants who are employed;
VII – proof of grant receipt from funding agencies or other sources, in the case of applicants who hold any research or study grant;
VIII –statement of financial ability proving the applicant is able to cover personal expenses and other expenses related to the development of their research project, in the case of applicants who do not receive any grant;
IX –volunteer work agreement (if applicable).
NOTE.: the activities in the work plan shall be carried out at UFSC, except in the periods of data collection or of technical and academic cooperation with other institutions. Foreign degree holders may be admitted to the Program upon recognition of their doctoral diploma by the PPGSP Council (recognition will not confer national validity to the degree). The diploma must be presented with a Brazilian consular seal, except in cases covered by specific diplomatic agreements.
The PPGSP Coordinator will submit the applicant’s documentation for approval by the Program’s Council. After approval by the Council, the process will be sent to the Prorectorate for Graduate Studies (PROPG) to be registered in the Graduate Academic Records System (CAPG).
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH WITHOUT GRANT
Applicants must formalize their request in a letter to the Program’s Coordinator, indicating the line of research in which they intend to carry out their activities and submitting the following documents to the PPGSP office:
- Application Form properly filled out and printed (available at http://propg.ufsc.br/pos-doutorado-na-ufsc-2/formulario-de-inscricao/);
- a) Applicants must indicate the chosen area and line of research of the Program in the specific field of the form.
- Acceptance letter from the supervisor, stating the specific period of the research activities (day/month/year of start and end dates) and the area and line of research in which the project will be developed, as well as other information considered relevant, such as the receipt of grants from funding agencies or other sources, when applicable.
- a) The supervisor must be a permanent faculty member of the Program.
- b) In the case of “pós-doutorado convênio“ [postdoctoral research exchange], the supervisor must inform in the letter of acceptance that the research activities will be carried out under these conditions. In this case, the applicant will not receive a certificate, but will be able to register.
- Volunteer Service Agreement, duly signed by the Program Coordinator, the supervisor, the applicant and witnesses. The applicant must request the agreement form at the Program’s office to fill it out, and must leave the day/month/year fields blank, as they will be filled when the agreement is signed by the Rectorate.
- a) The agreement will be digitally signed by the Prorector for Graduate Studies when the process is sent to the PROPG for analysis.
- b) The term to be registered in the agreement must be of at least 3 and at most 12 months, and may be extended for up to 4 times.
- c) This term should only be filled out by researchers who do not hold a research grant and/or are not civil servants.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae, generated by the LATTES Platform.
- a) In the case of foreigners who do not have a Lattes Curriculum, a curriculum in a similar format must be attached;
- Certified copy of the doctoral diploma (double sided), issued by a higher education institution that has a Graduate Program accredited by CAPES.
- a) If the diploma has not yet been issued, a proof of the dissertation defense approval must be provided.
- b) The acceptance of the aforementioned proof of approval is at the discretion of the Program’s Council and does not replace the subsequent submission of the doctoral diploma.
- c) The certificate of completion of the postdoctoral research will only be issued upon delivery and inclusion of the applicant’s doctoral diploma in his/her digital registration process.
- d) Foreign diplomas must present a Brazilian consular seal, except in cases of specific diplomatic agreement.
- Work plan to be developed at UFSC.
- a) The work plan must contain a maximum of 20 pages, including the planned activity schedule and the teaching activities, if any.
- Proof of grant receipt by funding agencies or other sources, in case the applicant holds any research or study grant.
- Statement of financial ability to cover personal expenses and other expenses related to the development of the research project, in case the applicant does not receive any grant.
- Statement of full time and exclusive dedication to the activities to be developed during the postdoctoral period;
- a) If the applicant is employed, a statement from the employing institution authorizing their full-time leave of absence must be attached.
- b) If a full-time leave of absence is not possible, a statement signed by the applicant and his/her supervisor attesting the 40-hour dedication to the postdoctoral activities must be attached;
- c) Statement of acknowledgement of the institutions/companies regarding the postdoctoral activities, determining the working days and the workload of the applicant.
- Certified copy of the identity card.
- a) The National Driver’s License (CNH) is not valid.
- b) Foreigners must attach a copy of their RNE and passport.
Extension of deadline:
- Attach the following documents to the initial request process and address them to CBO/PROPG:
- Partial report of the activities carried out.
- Supervisor’s consent on the partial report.
- Work plan for the next period, with full schedule.
- Start and end date of the new extension (day/month/year);
- Approval of the extension request by the Program’s Council.
The applicant must collect all documents and deliver them to the Program’s office, so that it can take the appropriate measures regarding enrollment or extension.
In case of queries contact us at
or at phone extension 4788.